Call for applications: Editorial Board Members
Posted by Harrison W. Inefuku on 2022-10-05
The Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication is accepting applications for new Editorial Board members [multiple openings]. To apply, please send a statement addressing the outlined responsibilities and selection criteria, as well as a current CV, to Emma Molls at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 7, 2022. Applications will be reviewed by the Editors and Editorial Board of JLSC. We expect to be able to report about the outcome in December 2022; new Editorial Board members will begin their terms on January 1, 2023.
The Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication (JLSC) is an online-only, peer-reviewed, open access journal publishing original articles, reviews, and case studies on the broad topic of scholarly communications. JLSC is published by Iowa State University Digital Press, and is supported by a volunteer team of editors and board members. Through its participation in the LYRASIS Open Access Community Investment Program, JLSC is financially supported by a number of institutional sponsors enabling the journal to remain open access without charging author fees.
About the Editorial Board
JLSC is governed by its Editorial Board, which meets at least six times per year and at most monthly. The responsibilities of Editorial Board members are as follows:
- Participate in virtual Editorial Board meetings
- Participate in Board projects and/or working group
- Assist in the development and/or revision of journal goals, strategies, policies, and processes
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the Editors-in-chiefs, as needed
- Participate in peer review of submissions, if called upon by Editors-in-chiefs
- Promote the journal in their professional networks and recruit potential authors
Editorial Board members have an initial term of three years, with the option to extend for three additional one-year terms, for a maximum of six years.
What We Are Looking For
Applications will be reviewed according to these criteria:
- Demonstrated Commitment to Scholarly Communication: JLSC’s Editorial Board serves as a source of expertise on the wide range of topics that fall under the umbrella of librarianship and scholarly communication, so we are looking for Board members with demonstrated knowledge and professional achievement in one or more areas related to the journal’s scope.
- Institutional Support and/or Individual Dedication: The Board is heavily engaged in setting journal policy, developing a strong governance structure, and ensuring the journal’s ongoing sustainability and success. We are looking for Board members who are interested in taking an active role in the journal and can devote some time and attention to it, either because Board service would fall within the scope of their professional responsibilities or because they are willing to devote non-work time to Board activities.
- Diversity: The Board needs to be as diverse as the global community JLSC serves. In particular, we seek to build the Board’s racial and geographic diversity. Preference will be given to applicants who hold marginalized identities or represent non-North American perspectives.
- Evidence of Professional and Scholarly Engagement: Our Board members are engaged in the profession through research and publishing; attending conferences; serving with regional, national, and international organizations; and working on collaborative projects. Through these and other types of engagement, Board members learn about practice in the field, identify trends, and recruit cutting-edge content for JLSC.
Back to News List